SiteWrite website management systemYour web pages should look good, and be easy to use, regardless of the device on which they are viewed!
SiteWrite enables you to create responsive websites, giving you the tools you need to create, style, structure, populate and manage your website. With SiteWrite you can create stylish, structured and responsive content, giving your site a professional look, and you can do this without needing to have any knowledge of web technologies or web design.
SiteWrite supports Responsive Web Design enabling your website to look good on all devices (desktops, tablets, and phones).
Why would I want a responsive website?Google announced that from April 2016 people searching on a mobile device would be provided with search results that ranked sites optimised for mobile devices above those that are not.
Google advise "The desktop version of a site might be difficult to view and use on a mobile device. The version that's not mobile-friendly requires the user to pinch or zoom in order to read the content. Users find this a frustrating experience and are likely to abandon the site”
SiteWrite responsive templates adapts the display to the visitor no matter if they are using a desktop, tablet, or mobile phone and helps you better support and engage with your website visitors.
Google have provided a tool enabling you to test your website and if applicable see the difference between responsive and nonresponsive pages - to see how Google views your website simply go to
Then enter the url of your website in the box and click Analyze.
SiteWrite VersionsSiteWrite Website Builder is a comprehensive yet easy to use system for building, structuring, populating and managing complete brochure-style websites.
With SiteWrite Website Builder you can:
• Use a template which gives your site a look-and-feel to suit you, or design your own template to get exactly the look you want.
• Create eye-catching content using the built-in WYSIWYG editor .
• Structure your site into the pages which your visitors will see.
• Create the menus which visitors will use to navigate your site.
• Easily manage site configuration, including site owner’s details, copyright statement, site meta-data, social media links, contact addresses etc.
All versions of SiteWrite provide assistance to site administrators via help files, pop-up information screens and tool tips, making SiteWrite easy to use despite its comprehensive range of features.
SiteWrite Professional gives you all the functionality of Website Builder, has additional layout management features and adds support for SiteWrite modules.
With SiteWrite modules you can easily add structured content to your website. A wide range of modules are available, from news items and case studies to more specialised modules to support fund raising and animal rehoming!
A feature of SiteWrite Professional is the way it uses forms, combined with a built-in WYSIWYG editor, to guide the administrator through content creation and management.
SiteWrite Professional; incorporates a user and permissions mechanism allowing multiple users to be created with each user being assigned permissions appropriate to their role.
With SiteWrite Professional you can:
• Select from a range of available modules and install them to enhance your website
• Create a category structure for your module within which to place your items.
• Create items using the built-in WYSIWYG editor.
• Add attachments (images, documents, multimedia and links) to items.
• Style your output as you like it using SiteWrite’s built-in style editor.
If the module you require doesn’t exist we can probably build it for you for a modest fee.
SiteWrite eCommerce gives you all the functionality of SiteWrite Professional, and adds a comprehensive eCommerce facility comprising a catalogue module, a shopping cart and checkout module, and functionality in admin for viewing and managing your orders. Checkout may be extended by adding payment and shipping models to give a complete purchasing mechanism.
• Catalogue your products using as many, or as few, categories as you need.
• Specify price and weight data for use during checkout.
• Specify your tax status and VAT (purchase tax) rate.
• Choose from a range of shipping and payment models.
• View and manage your orders, including order updates and histories.
The SiteWrite suite of modules is designed to enhance your website, providing visitors with access to structured, themed content in a wide range of areas.
Modules available include:
- Animal Rescue
- Case Studies
- Code View
- Document Library
- Image Gallery
- In Memory Animals
- Simple Blog
- Useful Links
- Visitor Book
- YouTube Video